Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
8 ounces pasta, I use organic elbow pasta 2 cups Daiya style Shreds Cheddar daiyacheese.com 3 tablespoons vegan soy free buttery spread ( I use Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread) 2 cups unsweetened (almond / rice) milk product 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast ¼ teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon salt optional (I use Himala Salt from Whole Foods) 2 tablespoons prepared mustard ¼ teaspoon paprika 2 tablespoons organic flour for thickening the sauce |
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly when done. In a small pot melt the butter. When melted, add the flour, salt, pepper and paprika, stir to combine.
Stir in the rice/almond milk. Add the cheddar, mustard and nutritional yeast and cook over low/medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning and until the sauce is the right consistency for the macaroni. If after the sauce comes to a slow boil and is too thin you may add more nutritional yeast or flour. Stir in the macaroni and mix together.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment